Friday, December 18, 2009

Reason(s) to CELEBRATE!!!




1. Casey Jr. went to the orthodontist last week and got his expander taken out..
whoo-hoo!!!

As per Brabham tradition, we went out to celebrate to a place of Casey's choice. The kids LOVE "cook in front of you" restaurants so we knew exactly where we were headed. He picked Yakoso-a somewhat new Japanese restaurant in downtown Summerville.

Of course he ate his dinner on the celebratory RED PLATE and nearly finished his adultsized portion of food. A great time was had by all......even Sarah, who spent half the meal behind daddy's chair hiding from the fire.

2. Casey also lost 2 teeth that night---pulled them out himself actually!!!

He must of gotten this trait from his daddy because I was deathly afraid of getting teeth
pulled and splinters taken out when I was a kid.

****ok...I will confess (and this is NO REASON TO CELEBRATE)....yes, for you parents out there I did the undreamable (G...A...S...P!!!) The toothfairy FORGOT to come!!!

How could this happen you ask?????

Simple.....I'm a mamma of 3 kids, 2 dogs, a wonderful hubby,it's Christmas, and I've hit middle age. Yes, that's my excuse!! Well, thankfully it happened with my child that just learned the Santa/Toothfairy/Easter Bunny secret. He understood and kinda even laughed about it. I told him that's exactly why I NEEDED his help these days...I need a young brain that can remember things. He's ALL OVER this and has been huge help already this Christmas season! Thanks Casey Jr...you rock! ;o)

I did make up for this and he found a sweet surprise under his pillow the next morning!


3. We have 2 TERRIFFIC KIDS this month!!

Way to go Brabham boys.....we are so very proud of you both!!!
A parent could ask of no better gift this holiday season than to celebrate this honor with both of their sons!!!



The boys had their last day of school Friday and spent the day in PJ'S watching Polar Express, playing games, and counting down the last hours till Christmas break. Plus pizza parties and plenty of homemade treats!
YUM YUM!!


Sarah and I spent the day in the "BIG" school going back and forth between the boys' classrooms.


Sarah even got to go to computer lab with Will's class ...and boy she had FUN!!
(all practice for Kindergarten next year)



4. Sarah is out of school too!!





She had her last day on Thursday and we saw her perform in the last Bethany Christmas program for the Braham Bunch. Its bittersweet but she is SOOOOO ready for Kindergarten...probably even more so than the boys.


She did an AWESOME job and that girl just loves to sing.



After the Christmas program we went back to the classes for a little Christmas party. As I walked down the halls I looked at all the sweet and precious art the children have done-it honestly just MELTED MY HEART!!!! Sarah has been so very blessed to have such amazing teacher's this year. They even taught the kids to play 2 Christmas songs with chimes-I must say my make-up was down my face hearing and seeing this beautiful sight.
The Kids' Christmas List....




*LOVE the pointy ear effect...too CUTE*
*Staying on cue for her part in the song*




We LOVE you Mrs. Gunter and Mrs. Holcomb




5. Maverick and Maggie are officially the BEST of FRIENDS!!!







They are really starting to play all the time and they wear each other flat out. We all just laugh watching them. And we must say, regardless of her small size, she is one fiesty little girl. She just goes right after Maverick...almost always "going for the jugular" as the boys would put it!


We are soooo loving having another dog! She is just precious and completes our family. She IS SPOILED ROTTEN though.....oh well, she's only a puppy for a short time!!
6. Christmas cards have been ready for a week and FINALLY just got mailed!! :o)


7. and last but not least, TIS THE SEASON!!!!
I have 2 patients to see tomorrow then off for Christmas break. The kids and I plan to do a little baking with some friends and then Aunt Missy and Uncle John come to town tomorrow night...they are bringing their new puppy too!!
We can't wait to meet her!
Off to enjoy time with family and friends....
Wishing you all a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!!!













































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment