Sunday, January 31, 2010

Time Flys....

I can't believe the month of January has come and gone.....
it's been a busy month over here!!!
Lets see, to start the month off we celebrated Casey Jr and Pop Brabhams' birthdays.
Their birthdays are a day apart and its always great fun to celebrate the 2 of them together!
This year we decided to "eat in" but Casey Jr was treated to his request of lobster tail and crab legs.
He was in food heaven I tell you.....the boy was a grinnin from ear to ear-
In between bites of course!This month brought us many cold and rainy days so even though it appears we have been LAZY...
the truth is,
we have been busy as bees!!
(I am cold natured and keep gloves on most of winter...even in the house)We really have done more than just lay around.....
we've had LOTS of playdates-
we went bowling with friends
AND
spent many dinners at the DOG and DUCK!!
The kids have had (in my humble opinion) way too many days off from school this month with teachers workdays, holidays etc etc.
I have been able to take days off with them so I decided to tackle one of our "monthly" to do house projects.
WE FINALLY PAINTED THE PLAYROOM!!!!
We have been wanting to do this since we moved in 4+ years ago but we got busy raising a family and well, just never had time.
Casey and I decided to break it down this year and tackle 1 project a month....
and well, we are already ahead of ourselves....
we just finished painting the foyer (FEB project) AND
have started working on the screen porch (MARCH)!!!!
Whoohoo...hopefully we'll keep this pace up! :o)
AKA "MARLEY".....
Surely I wouldn't be talking of this sweet face...
OR, this one!!!
Well, I'll let you decide.....who looks "Marly'ish"???
The answer....well, actually a tad bit of both!!!!
I'll start with "Cottenelle Puppy"...yeah, that's what she's been called by many.
She's really cute and furry and lovable and digs and pees on the porch and chews electrical cords and plays king of the yard with the above mentioned precious little girl!
Ahhhhhhh...the musings of a puppy mommy!!
Despite these all....we LOVE her so much!!!
She's in the "toddler"stage of puppyhood and well, its fun, busy, crazy etc etc!
Really, she's doing great and there is nothing better than when you call her name and her ears flop down and she bolts full force to you with her whole body shaking!
Daddy Casey is a sucker for her "because she's a girl and girls should be spoiled".
Yes, he whole-heartily believes that...I'm proof--
I forgot to mention he bought ME a sweet BIRTHday gift on Casey Jr's birthday because
well, I birthed him!!!
LOVE my AWESOME PINK RUNNING TOP!!!!
Anyway, she is a tad spoiled rotten but she's only little once!
(and did I forget to mention so stinkin' cute)
She came home the other day and had "pink boots with the fur"....
(yeah, the kids and I were singing LOW to her the whole way home from the vet....
I know not the greatest choice of song for young kids but.... we like it-Maggie did too)!
just a little minor surgery to remove her rear dew claws.
She's doing great and other than having cute little pink dressings.... you'd never believe she had surgery!!
Next up,
Marley #2
The cutie dancing in the pink pants!!
Whew...she's giving me a time-I'm talking sassy pants ya'll!!
I don't know what it is but rearing a girl is MUCH different from a boy!
One thing IS FOR CERTAIN....we are nippin it NOW before she becomes a tween.
I do remember praying when I was pregnant with her
(we did not know the sex of our babies)
that if this baby was a girl
we would survive the teenage years and menopause
since we would go down this road together at the same time!
(I was 36 when she was born).
I still pray this everyday...
God definitely has the wheel on this one and I know things will be just fine!!!
Aside from her sassy moments she is a gem and growing up way too fast.
Over Christmas break she finally went without a nighttime pullup!!
Crazy huh....I know 4 1/2 and still in pullups at night!!!
I thought girls were supposto get through that sooner than boys???
Both boys were DONE at 3 but Sarah just kept waking up wet...I mean sopping!!
Basically....it was a crutch and it was easy so it worked....well,
one night she fell asleep early(GASP....early????) and we just forgot the pullup(maybe early ALTZIMERS...we're old) and put her to bed and well....she woke up dry!
End of story...no more diapers or pullups here-we've GRADUATED!!!
She's halfway through 4 yr preschool and next month starts practicing for Kindergarten
by exiting the car all by herself.
She's so excited...I'm just wanting to freeze time a bit!
Last week they had Doughnuts for Dad so daddy was able to spend a morning at school with her.
I had a funny pic but it somehow disappeared and I'm too tired to retrieve it.
She downed about 3 Krispy Creme doughnuts then for some reason has had tummy issues all weekend.
The pic was most definitely post doughnut ingestion by the look on her face!!
(you'll just have to picture that one in your head) :o)
Introducing my newest addiction....

Holy Yummy!!!
Can I count that as a serving of veggies????
...we eat them plain AND on almost everything!!
Salads, wraps, eggs....everything!!
The marinated okra is pretty darn good too!!
Random....yeah I know, but they just crossed my mind as a snacky snack and I had to mention them!!!!

In a couple of weeks me and 3 friends will run our first MUD RUN!!
We're getting really excited although we really don't know exactly what we're in for except...
4 miles
12 obstacles
12 trivia questions
and LOTS OF MUD!!!

SOUNDS LIKE GREAT FUN!!!!

We had big plans to sign up for the Nashville Rock N Roll Marathon but had to cancel due to schedules and our kids sports.
Spring is a very busy time so its hard to fit in vigorous training...we're keeping our eyes open on a fall marathon but haven't made our decision yet...hopefully soon!!
We are also running the Cooper River Bridge Run and have a challenge with the hubby's going on that race. Casey has laced up his running shoes and has started training!
Watch out Boys.....we're out to WIN this one!!!


Last but not least.....I'd like to CONGRATULATE my friend Carrie on a weight loss of 50lbs!!
She has completely transformed herself and has inspired many including myself!!
She recently said to me before starting to run...."kathy, I'm not a runner"
Well, that "non runner" ran her first 5k a couple weeks ago and WON 1st in her age division!!
She rocked it!!!
Way to go Carrie....I'm so PROUD OF YOU!!!!

















































































































































































































































































1 comment:

  1. AMEN SISTA!! On ALL the above... Sassy = girls and I don't know what I am going to do either!! I am soo proud of Carrie and can't wait to see her (all of you!). Hopefully sooner than later!!

    julie

    ReplyDelete